MOMENTO

For my momento project i choose to pull from a memory of when i was lost in the woods for half a day. I had not wondered off or done something stupid, my group actually left the site without me and unknowingly left me there on the side of Black mountain North Carolina. They had to leave due to circumstances at our camp so I couldn't blame or be mad at them.  I used carved soap to illustrate the fluid like formation of the trees, and green paint to symbolize my path that has me going in circles and back the way I came. I myself never got myself out of that issue, i was hungry and cold but just then before i gave up my group leader turned the corner with a van full of my friends shouting my name. They came to a screeching halt before me and erupted into hugs and sorrys. I left the sculpture smooth and mostly white because i felt like my situation could have been worse but by being smooth and going with the flow it all worked out.

Comments